Pre-licensed Professional, MA
Clarissa Williams works as an independent contractor to The Whitestone Clinic, providing individual, couples, and family counselling services. She has research experience in virginity loss and first sexual experiences. She has attended several sexuality conferences that focus on a diverse range of topics, from working with members of the LGBTQ community to optimal sexuality and pleasure. Her academic interests and pursuits lie in the area of sex therapy.
Clarissa is a graduate from the Master of Counselling and Spirituality program at Saint Paul University. She has a previous Master’s degree in Psychology from Trent University. She is supervised by Martin Rovers, PhD Counselling Psychology.
Clarissa’s Philosophy Statement:
My approach as a therapist is a blend of solution-focused and experiential therapy. While I am a quick thinker eager to find solutions to personal or relationship problems, I remain present with my clients in their current experience. Goals are addressed in a collaborative, on-going fashion. My straightforward nature and my ability to see a client’s full potential contribute to a positive, caring and supportive environment.
- BA Psychology from University of Ottawa 2010
- MA Psychology from Trent University 2015
- MA Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University 2017
- Intensive Sex Therapy Training 2015
- Applied Suicide Skills Intervention Training 2016
- Buddhist Psychology and Mindfulness 2016
- Expressive Arts in Therapy 2017
- E-Mental Health: Using Technology for Treatment 2017